Definitions and Interpretation
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about services, if you directly give us any information via forms, if you make an enquiry or purchase or if you sign up to receive email newsletters.
In running and operating this website, we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this site. Your privacy is of paramount importance to us and we confirm that we will never release (give, sell, rent or share) any of your personal details to any third party for their mailing or marketing purposes. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information you provide such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- IP address and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. This information is recorded and sent to third-party processors for the purposes of data analysis, to improve our marketing efforts and for targeting specific services and products.;
- We may collect information about your computer, including but not limited to (where available), your IP address, operating system and browser type for administration purposes and to produce internal reports. This is statistical data relating to a web user’s browsing actions and patterns and does not specifically identify you as an individual;
- For purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, Buy the Light Limited is the "data controller".
- We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. If you have not contacted us through our website for 12 months, your data will be archived or removed. You will be required to register again with your email address to place further orders.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of GDPR 2018. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- to ensure that the content on the site is presented in the most efficient way for you and the computer that you are using;
- to enable you to participate in interactive features of the site;
- to provide you with information relating to our website, product or our services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information on other products that we feel may be of interest to you in line with those you have previously expressed an interest in via our website;
- to process an order you have made;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
- Buy the Light Limited may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Buy the Light Limited (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £10.
- Data security is of great importance to Buy the Light Limited and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Buy the Light Limited to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies
- Type of Cookie Purpose Strictly necessary cookies These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services. Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Buy the Light Limited via the Website;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Buy the Light Limited, or us||Buy the Light Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 7717997 whose registered office is at The Forge Cottage 2 The High Street, Mildenhall, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP27 7EJ;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Buy the Light Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Buy the Light Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.buythelight.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
Our use of Data
Third party websites and services
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
Controlling use of your Data
Functionality of the Website
Accessing your own Data
You may contact Buy the Light Limited by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
01 May 2017